Do you have any idea how much do Tasmanian devils weigh when they reach the maximum size. The adult Tasmanian devil weighs around 18 to 26 pounds—nearly ten times the weight of a tiger cub. The average weight of a female devil is 3 to 4 pounds less than that of a male. Devils are just about the size of a small dog. Females do gain weight particularly during the breeding season in early summer but not too much. Let’s talk about Tasmanian devil weight in detail.
Tasmanian Devil Weight – How Much Does a Tasmanian Devil Weigh?
Adult Male Weight
- The average weight of adult males is about 18 lb (8 kg).
- Males are slightly heavier than females. They will reach their maximum weight in the second year when they attain full size.
- Adult males are the heaviest of all living marsupial carnivores.
Adult Female Weight
- Female devils average 13 lb (6 kg).
Baby Tasmanian Devil Weight
- The newborn baby Tasmanian devils weigh around 0.18–0.24 grams (0.0063–0.0085 oz) at birth.
- They will remain inside the pouch in the first 100 days.
- The pups are born blind and once they are out of the pouch they quickly gain weight.
Tasmanian Devil Weight Comparison with other Marsupial Carnivores